Monday, September 27, 2010

Role 4

I went through my art book about 10 times trying to find a piece of art that would catch my eye, and somewhat relate to role 4) 
artists give form to the immaterial – hidden or universal truths, spiritual forces, personal feelings.


Then finally, after flipping individually through the pages I found on pg. 461, "Hundred of Birds Admiring the Peacocks" by Yin Hong of the Ming Dynasty (late 15th century-early 16th century)





http://amica.davidrumsey.com/luna/servlet/detail/AMICO~1~1~36599~100506:Hundred-Birds-Admiring-the-Peacocks?sort=INITIALSORT_CRN%2COCS%2CAMICOID&qvq=q:AMICOID=CMA_.1974.31+;sort:INITIALSORT_CRN,OCS,AMICOID;lc:AMICO~1~1&mi=0&trs=1





This piece was created during a time where there were emperors, the way that I saw the art work was, the Peacocks were the royal family and all the birds "admiring" were the chinese people, depicting how life was back then. I couldn't find much information on this artists since it was created such a long time ago. But some information on the piece is located on the left side of the link above.

No comments:

Post a Comment